Azamara Club Cruises
The little cruise line that could!
Many people often wonder how this cruise line with two small ships has won the hearts of so many guests. A multi-awarded cruise line, 2014 Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards and 2015 Cruise Critic Cruisers’ Choice Awards among others, Azamara has truly distinguished itself in many ways. It offers the perfect experience for both the uncruisers and savvy travelers.
The Azamara Difference
- Newly Refreshed, Small, Intimate Ships – It’s like travelling with your own boutique hotel. Enjoy the fresh look of its two ships, Azamara Journey and Azamara Quest which recently underwent extensive shipwide renovations. Azamara ships are not too big, you never feel lost. And they’re not too small, you won’t run out of new things to do and new people to meet. With a capacity of 686 guests, their smaller ships also offer the big advantage of being able to sail to places larger cruise lines can’t. For instance, they sail to the doorstep of Bangkok, while other large cruise lines dock a few hours away. They sail to the city center of Bordeaux, the heart of Seville, and within a short walk to Hong Kong’s buzzing nightlife and Shanghai’s famous Bund. Being near the center of action is much more fun!
- Destination Immersion – No other cruise line offers longer stays and more overnights than Azamara which makes it perfect for guests whose objection to cruising is lack of time to enjoy the ports of call. Experienced cruisers also enjoy longer ports of call turning what could have been a hurried and frantic vacation into a more leisurely experience. Truly, Azamara offers an in-depth travel experience visiting unique and interesting itineraries while traveling to the heart of the local culture.
- Night Touring – Everyone enjoys night touring. Azamara has crafted a thoughtful selection of after-dinner tours to complement your daytime explorations. The featured activities highlight the architecture, arts, and scenery that are best experienced after night falls, like a guided walk around illuminated landmarks, an after-hours museum visit, and live performances.
- Award-Winning Complimentary AzAmazing Evening Event – Unique in the industry, the cruise line has heavily invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in their innovative, and award-winning, AzAmazing event. Imagine a romantic evening on a hillside in Tuscany, with a live performance by three tenors, or getting the red carpet treatment before a ballet at the Mikhailovsky Theater in St. Petersburg, or spending an evening onboard under a blanket of stars while savoring local delicacies. There may be a moment during your AzAmazing Evenings event when you forget you’re actually on a voyage. Have fun and savor the moment—that’s what AzAmazing Evenings are all about. Onboard Experience
Accommodations – Your own private retreat is a modern, well-appointed stateroom with luxury beddings. You’ll appreciate the finer touches, like “About Rose” Toiletries—a sophisticated brand of luxury soaps, fine toiletries and perfumed room sprays with an exclusive fragrance composition created by the master perfumer Olivier Decoster.
Dining – A Fabulous Cuisine for Every Taste!
- Enjoy Open Seating – Dine when you want, with whom you want and for as long as you want
- Azamara offers a choice of six distinctive dining options, including room service. Whether you’re a fan of haute cuisine or home cooking, you’ll love the quality reflected in the fresh ingredients, careful preparation, and variety of menu choices
- Azamara proudly features two specialty restaurants, Prime C (features steaks served in a variety of cuts cooked to perfection) and Aqualina (featuring Mediterranean Seafood). Specialty dining is complimentary for suite guests (Club World Owner’s Suites, Club Ocean Suites and Club Continent Suites). For others, there is a nominal charge of $25 per-person. These specialty restaurants are very popular among guests; reservations are highly recommended
- Complimentary Drinks – Azamara offers a large selection of boutique wine and spirits, soft drinks, bottled water and other beverages at no extra charge!
- Gratuities – Unlike most cruise lines, where you’re always paying that “little extra” each time someone serves you – on Azamara your gratuities are also included!
Entertainment Before or after a day of onshore discovery, or when sailing between destinations, Azamara plenty of options including bars, lounges, and gathering spots. The focus on smaller ships allows the cruise line to produce more interactive entertainment, more than other cruise lines.
- Discoveries Lounge – Located just outside Azamara ’s main restaurant, this congenial bar is a favorite gathering place for pre- and post-dinner conversation and drinks.
- Mosaic Café and [email protected] – Want to grab a quick bite before heading off the ship in the morning? Head by the Mosaic for a steaming latte and fresh baked baby quiches. In the afternoon, the Mosaic Café attracts friendly competitors for trivia and board games and tea-time sandwiches, sweets, and savory bites. And after dinner, [email protected] is a great place to socialize while enjoying live music and a selection of fine liqueurs.
- Looking Glass Lounge – Floor to ceiling views and Murano glass lighting set the mood for this elegant evening club featuring live music or DJs spinning favorite hits. Head to the dance floor, or settle in at the beautiful bar. You’ll be impressed by the bartenders’ mixology skills!
- Cabaret Lounge – Enjoy live performances of professional full-stage musical revues, classical soloists, bands and other entertainment in a cabaret nightclub with a full bar and cozy tables.
- Casino Luxe – Test your skill, or prove to your shipmates that beginner’s luck is real. The Casino will keep you entertained with blackjack, roulette, slot machines, and three-card poker games. Group and individual gaming lessons are offered at no charge—a great way to learn gaming strategy! And for all you sports fans, the Casino features a flat-screen TV and full bar, making it a very pleasant place to keep up with your favorite teams.
- Poolside Parties – Don’t think of missing Azamara ’s famous poolside buffet and party, held at least once on every cruise (weather permitting). Colorful décor and linen-draped tables, a fabulous buffet feast, and boutique wines on the house make this an event like no other. Dance late into the night as the live band kicks in after dinner.
SPA and Fitness Staffed by professional aestheticians and therapists, the Azamara Spa is an oasis of tranquility. You’ll be impressed by the array of complimentary onboard fitness and nutrition classes. Do something different every day of the week! For additional cost, you can also boost results with personal one-on-one instruction and services. Enrichment Activity Azamara Azamara offers a great opportunity to enrich your onboard experience by introducing guest lecturers to their voyages. Considered experts in their respective fields, their carefully chosen speakers will share their vast knowledge on worldwide topics that range from politics to the environment, from tribal customs to ancient history. Friendly, Attentive,Professional Service Azamara Azamara distinguish themselves as “true service professionals”, with the same gracious service that you could expect from their sister brands, Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean.
A recipient of Travel + Leisure’s 2013 “World’s Best in Service Award,” the staff and crew know your name, tastes and preferences. Azamara ‘s destinations may bring you onboard but its staff, crew and officers will keep you coming back. Guest to staff ratio is among the best in the industry at 1.68, 408 staff members serving only 686 guests. Stay Connected You are not out of touch! While at sea, you can get connected with family, friends and colleagues by cell phone, Internet/Wi-fi, phone, fax or mail.